Sunday, October 20, 2013

Final Point Report/ Weight Loss % Points

Tonight is the last of the challenge, and tomorrow is your last point report!  I hope this has been a great 8 weeks for each of you and that you have each taken the opportunity to evaluate the things that were especially difficult for you with this challenge and have made some plans for continuing to live healthier.  I know for me the two hardest parts of the challenge were writing in my journal every day and getting at least 7 hours of sleep five nights of the week.  But I also know I feel a LOT better emotionally when I have written things down and have an accounting for what I've been doing and how I feel about things, so for me the journal writing is very important to how I feel overall.  And with the sleep, it's pretty much a no-brainer that I just feel SOOOO much better when I have consistently gotten the 7 hours of sleep each night.  You know what else I've discovered?!  The house hasn't fallen apart without me staying up until 2:00 a.m. to do a couple loads of laundry or make bread, or whatever else I used to think would make the house fall apart!  Good thing to learn!  I hope you have each looked at things that make a big difference for you and will really work at continuing to have them be a part of your lives.

WEIGHT LOSS % POINTS--. You will get 1 point per 0.1% weight loss. For instance, if I lost 4.8% of my body weight during this competition, I would get 48 points. It is calculated by taking the total pounds lost divided by your starting weight times 100 to get your weight loss %.  For instance, let's say I started the challenge at 200 lbs and I lost 20 lbs.  I would get out the calculator and put in 20 (total lbs lost) then divide that by 200 (starting weight), which would equal .1, then would times that by 100 which equals 10%, so I would get 100 points on the weight loss % box (this isn't very realistic because I doubt many people are going to lose 20 lbs over the course of 8 weeks, it's more realistic that you probably lost closer to 5-12 lbs).  It may sound a little confusing, but I promise it works if you will just take lbs lost, divide your starting weight then times that by 100.  That will be the correct number!  

INCHES POINTS--Measure yourself again, just like you did at the end of week 4. For each 1/2 inch you have lost SINCE WEEK FOUR, NOT FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE CHALLENGE you will get 5 points.  Measure your waist, hips, arm, thigh, and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment